Index of Eknath Gita

Dr.Eknath Easwaran lived in the last century. Being an English professor he wrote prolifically about Hindu scripture. His books were translated into many European languages. This is the first time as far as I know someone attempted to translate his Bhagavad Gita Volumes 1,2 & 3 to Telugu. The following is an index of the 3 books arranged by the chapter and slokas. Like Dr.Easwaran, I left India at a young age, but did not have as much exposure to the culture as him. So my Telugu is a bit rusty. You may forgive my grammatical and spelling mistakes. Better yet, drop me email. Getting back to Dr.Easwaran, he founded Blue Mountain Meditation Center in Northern California where he trained hundreds to meditate. You will find that he emphasized on Meditation along with unselfish service and love for all creatures.

For the sanskrit slokas and their translation into Telugu, I have used Swami Sundara Chaitanyaa Nanda's Bhagavat Gita pocket book. It was a life saver. But it is very pithy. That's the reason, I think, the slokas need to be interpreted to the 21st century realities. On the other hand, if you just want to read what Sri Krishna said the small book is a great source.

Book 1 (Chapters 1-6)

Book 2 (Chapters 7-12)

Book 3 (Chapters 13-18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lalita Sahasra Naamaalu

Syamala Dandakam

Ramana Maharshi Index